A Safe use of the Internet – Workshop for parents
Pedagogical Kit for Parents
Kit 1 – A Safe use of the Internet – Workshop for parents
Topic - A Safe use of the Internet for Parents
• This meeting can occur at the end of the day because it should last for about 3 hours.
• The aim is to do a brainstorming activity on concepts related to safe Internet browsing.
• For a better result, a group between 16 and 20 people is recommended.
• Throughout the workshop, the facilitators should always have an attitude of encouraging Internet use; never look at it as a danger, something bad that should not be used. The dangers will always be there, as in everything in our lives, but the better we that something, the less we are likely to fail.
The PLAYWEB team has organized this workshop considering the following steps:
• STEP 1 – Without addressing the topic, parents are asked to write on a POST IT, from their point of view, what is the most positive aspect of Internet browsing and what they consider to be the biggest threat;
• STEP 2 - At this stage all answers that were given are analyzed, and commented by the team of experts, who go on throwing some suggestions / tips for safe navigation + in particular some steps to take.
• STEP 3 - The team of trainers has some suggestions / tips to take into account, as parents. It is recommended to show some movies available on the web, showing an electronic presentation, always requesting the intervention of the public, i.e. the parents.
• STEP 4 - In the end, parents are asked to make a small review of the workshop, referring to its strengths and weaknesses.
Upon completion of the action:
The workshop will be assessed as mentioned above.
- Reflect upon the importance of safety procedures associated with the Internet.
- Acquire skills related to the subject in terms of its spread within the educational community in particular, but also the community at large.
- Share resources, educational experiences and good practices with so as to spread them among students.
- Understand the importance of media education in schools.
- Acquire notions of sociology of image and pedagogy of image.
- Develop the ability to use and profit from the power of the media.
- Illustrate the possibilities of approach to thematic development.
- Develop skills in the educational use of digital imaging.
- Know the basis of producing, directing and editing a documentary or fictional document with a view to handling a theme tools.
- Devising a film project of short duration.
- Using the Moodle platform for exchanging experiences and discuss on the changing educational practices.
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This publication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.
Subscribe to our newsletter: